Colour Enhancement, Colour Enchantment!


Enchanted Manor                                                                         

The first page of Enchanted Manor is finished! This is a crop being stitched from the regular chart. Looking at the original art, the purples at the bottom section of the rainbow are really pretty. However, with the charted version they stitch up looking more blue. I noticed this looking at a stitched version on the BB (Bulletin Board). I felt the need to change the colours in the bottom section of the rainbow to make them closer to the art!

Changing the Rainbow

There needed to be more purple in the tone and slightly more vibrancy to the bottom section of the rainbow.  I decided to swap out 2 colours in the chart: I stuck with the chart up to DMC 503 (the green tone), then swapped DMC 160 for DMC 807. (I'm in the middle of stitching the  807 below, 503 is the tone next to it):
 Then  DMC 793 was swapped out for DMC 208. (Progress shot of the 208 being added):
To add slightly more depth, a small row of DMC 333 was added to the edge of the 208 row:
This blended the new colours nicely with the existing charted area: (3807 being stitched at the bottom of the  rainbow section, where the sky begins):

Colour Transformation 

Charted colour progression:
New colour progression:
Progress:
To see the first page stitched exactly as the original chart specifies please see this link.  It links to the stitching I mentioned earlier, completed by GretchenJ on the HAED BB.
 I can't wait to finish off stitching the rest of that rainbow!  Happy stitching ! xxx  
   

Comments

  1. Absolutely lovely =) I would never dare to swap out the colors, I am to afraid (an not experienced at all) to mess it up, but your conversion looks amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna 😊 It was so much fun stitching the rainbow🌈 I'm not really all that experienced either... I've only been stitching since 2010! Messing up is not necessarily a bad thing, it helps with the learning process📝

      Delete
  2. Wow, lovely!
    Wouldn't have dare changed anything on such design.
    It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid😃 I think the overall effect will look different again, once more of the rainbow has been stitched... It really didn't feel that daring lol! I was so excited to see the effect of the changed colours🎨

      Delete
  3. I agree with Johanna and Ingrid - I would never have dared swap the colours but yours look so much nicer! Great job. This is such a beautiful chart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Justine 😃 Glad you like it! 🌺💕

      Delete
  4. Looks amazing, fantastic colour changes. Congrats on the page finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful!!!!
    Thank you for coming to my blog and leaving me a nice comment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Narita! I was happy to discover your blog the other week :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh Megan! I just went to your other blog and WOW! What a GORGEOUS voice you have!!!!!!
    Thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to have a listen! I really appreciate it! I've mostly got covers up at the moment, but I am working on an album of originals :)

      Delete
  7. Wow that is a brilliant conversion. I love your changes and I agree it looks much better. A rainbow is supposed to be colourful and vibrant. It looks like a lot of fun to stitch and to make it unique to you. Good job stunner
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours were heaps of fun to stitch😁🌈 Thank you Alicia!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous I absolutely love your substitutions!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of HAED

The Ghost of the Missing Page

Nocturne