Bits & Pieces…

I'm feeling a bit dismayed by the scale of restoring all the photos on my blog since the "Photobucket Incident".  So far, there are around 500 photos I've been working to re-match to all my blogs!  Thankfully most of them have the date labelled on them, which sort of helps.  It's still a work in progress, so if you're exploring my earlier blogs then you may find some images still missing.

Unfinished Bits & Matisse's

I’ve completed a few little projects I’ve been meaning to do for some time…
Matisse (my cat) destroyed her scratchy pole… Rather than purchase a new one I decided to restore it using the small amount of green rope leftover from making the rope mat back in May.  I also purchased some more sisal rope for the top.  A big thank-you also goes out to my neighbor Rob for the hot-glue gun and for helping to re-stick and splice the rope!

Here are the results:
Before, Totally Destroyed... lol!:
After, Totally Restored:

Matisse's Trail of Destruction

One day, long ago, when Matisse was much smaller, she got bored of her scratchy pole she decided to stick her mischievous claws into the bar stool instead… lol!  This is the damage:

I was gifted some fabric from my lovely friend Cathy to re-cover the chair and finally got round to doing it the other week.   I've never upholstered a chair before and didn't have a staple gun, so used the hot glue gun instead.  I sewed around the edges of the fabric to secure it and the screws holding the seat to the chair also helped to keep the fabric in place. While Matisse still enjoys sitting on the chair, I think the chair should be safe for now as she's mostly grown out of that destructive kitten stage... emphasizing the mostly part...  I got up late the other morning and she had clearly become bored waiting, so had kindly unpacked some of the thread out of a floss box and chewed a few bobbins, lol!

Since most of this blog seems to keep coming back to Matisse, I thought I'd leave you all with some of my favorite pictures of her.  Cats are awesome creatures and she really is the best stitching buddy! I'd love to hear about everyone's stitching buddies in the comments :) 

Happy Stitching, xxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nocturne

In the Spirit of Diamond Painting

100 Days of HAED